Monday, May 31, 2021

Rest in Peace Sweet Mr. Mau



Yesterday was an okay day with Mr. Mau. We took a nice walk in the yard/garden and he enjoyed it very much. Since he was weak from not eating for some time, we were just sitting together outside in the big chair. Last night he went to sleep under my bed but still used the litterbox upstairs.

This morning (Sunday, May 30, 2021) he was still there sleeping, so, me and the cats layed down on the carpet with him, making sure he was okay and comfortable. After a couple hours of sleep, he came out and I noticed that he was wobbly and could not walk further. He peed on the floor. He cried and that sound made me hurt so much. Then he had another nap and after I took him outside to what he still loved. He enjoyed it for a while but then got restless because he was not able to walk and probably had pain.

My husband was working and I was left without a car. Our local vet was closed since it was Sunday. We called their other location (30+ miles away) since they had an emergency service. I called my husband to come home so we can take Mr. Mau for emergency euthanasia. I knew it will be better for Mau if we could help him over the Rainbow Bridge.

Mr. Mau came to us in August 2018. He was skinny and infested with multiple parasites. We gave him a forever home and he was a happy cat. He loved everyone and everyone loved him.
He was no trouble at all but was then diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease in January 29 2021, stage 2. His condition stabilized after a few months and giving us hope but then his numbers went up way too high. He was refusing to eat the special dietary food after a few days but we kept up with supplements and other medicines that we hoped would manage his condition. At least for a while. He lost half of his body weight and he was down to about 8 lbs. This all came to pass in a short amount of time and has broken my heart. We had such little time together.
He was one of our best kitties and radiated love.

I hope that all the pets he knew are awaiting him on the other side of The Rainbow Bridge. Rest in Peace sweet little baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment