Saturday, March 21, 2020

Augustina's Story

It was a busy August day. We had a big garden work day, I was working on the riding mower while my husband worked the push mower and weed wacker. After the yard looked clean and neat, we planned to watch a movie or two. It was about six in the evening. I saw the cats had been watching something quietly in the yard from their cat tower and then I heard a meow under our window. I went to the window and I saw this tiny black kitten. She came under the kitchen windows and she looked up at me, crying. Her age could not have been any older than six weeks. She must have been hungry because she was demanding help or food from a strange place.
I went outside and at first she was scared, but then easily came to me. My husband came out too and he already hugged her and kissing her. He always does this without knowing or caring if the cats is sick or not (He says he wants to make them feel part of the family without stigmatizing them.) I bought her a can of cat food and the poor thing ate like she had never seen food before.
She was purring and eating at the same time.

We kept her in the isolation room and the next few days took her to the vet. She was only one and a half pounds! The boys adopted her right away after she was released from isolation and spoiled her rotten. They trained her to steal food from the other girls and they groomed her like they were her real parents. She sucked up the love like a black hole.


We called her Augustina, since she found us in August. I often joke about her name is longer than her. She is a healthy and independent young lady now. Little Auggie has been spayed and she is here to stay. She came, she purred and she conquered. She is nine months old as of today and her brothers are still grooming her like a baby. Every evening she come between us on the sofa to watch movies with us and she especially loves horror movies. It must be the black cat in her. Auggie is the little princess of the palace and the kingdom is all hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment