Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CeeCee's Story



CeeCee is currently 19(in 2019)years old. She was actually my first cat ever. I didn't had any pets in my older age, since I traveled and moved alot.

CeeCee was only one and a half years old and she was on the waiting list for euthanasia in Henry County Humane Society, Napoleon OH. Healthy and young with a stunning beauty she was an aloof queen in a cage. Unfortunately it seems that was her only quality the previous owner wished for and when her double coat and claws caused concern for the situation they first declawed her then dumped her. That may explain why she has this English queen attitude and looks at you like a peasant that just smeared mud on her golden carriage. The shelter workers placed CeeCee into my arms in what I think was a desperate attempt to save her so I couldn’t say no. I am a CeeCee sucker at heart. Always I find the underdog and ‘dysfunctional’ the ones that need love more. She was scared, she was tiny and she was shy. She hide her head under my arm and almost demurely demanded I take her home and I did, the very same day. Her trauma never left her. Stubbornly skittish and always one to say poo to you she stands strong and silent and alone (but we know she is a big fluff full of love, only she does not know how to show it or accept it). As my husband was in the estate management business, she went through a lot of new homes and the animals that came with it all. We moved from place to places, from Ohio to Hawai’i, several residences in Hawaii and then finally to Minnesota.

CeeCee was a real strong trooper and never complained through out the adventures. She knew I would never surrender her and so she put up with this all and through it, taught me to be focused and finally settle down. She will be our cover girl in the new 2020 Rosegate Calendar.






No comments:

Post a Comment